Good wellbeing is the state of feeling healthy and happy. Wellbeing at work can be supported by various workplace interventions.
Healthy wellbeing will be unique for every member of staff. For this reason, CSS has a range of measures to promote good wellbeing at work and staff are free to access as many of these as they wish.
At CSS, we have identified five key areas of wellbeing to be our focus:
Connect with others
Be physically active
Immediate support for CSS staff
Generally, issues at work are managed through the support of the school systems, e.g. Line Managers, Heads of Centres, staff meetings. Sometimes staff may want more support.
· Staff Supervision: an opportunity to discuss with the school Staff Supervisor any aspect that effects work. It is entirely confidential and can be organised at a place and time to suit. For more details click here.
· The Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). All staff have access to immediate support for any issue via Educational Support, a UK based charity supporting mental health and wellbeing to educational staff. It is free and confidential. For more details see Education Support Website
· Drop in sessions with Heads of Centre at a pre-arranged time (either face to face or online) to discuss any work or personal issues that may be of concern.
Whole centre measures
· Annual stress audit that uses Health and Safety Executive resources to survey the stresses across all sectors of CSS and that results in an action plan.
· Wellbeing Programme and Staff Wellbeing Champions, led by a member of Senior Leadership Team with a working party tasked with promoting staff wellbeing at CSS. For details of what CSS staff do that contribute to good wellbeing, see below.
Mental Health Support
Please access the NHS Every Mind Matters website for current advice.
Events and programmes that contribute to staff wellbeing
· One Love Soup Kitchen CSS staff and students are fully involved with supporting this local charity that supports the homeless in Southend. For more details of what CSS does, the charity and more click here.
· Healthy Lifestyle
· New events
Community Projects and outdoor activities
Family days out
Cycling maps – all areas downloadable